Rit flaggers vs monk flaggers - which is better, why and when?
Monk flagger is better almost all the time in an even-skilled matchup.
- Very good for running flags on if you can put up spirits or if the other team is under pressure
- Huge party healing if not being shut down
- Gets shut down very easily by mesmers and rangers if the other team can afford to play offensive
- Very ineffective if you have flag disadvantage while the other team is not under big pressure
- Much harder/worse vs splits most of the time
- A lot harder to shut down than rit
- Much easier to play than rit
- Shield guardian
- Much more effective as a static character at main team than rit in most matchups
- Much stronger/easier vs splits most of the time and gives some better options of how to play vs split builds
- Sucks at running flags in 8v8/no compass wide party healing
- No weapons / relies on enchants
- No damage/snares most of the time making some split/push defenses worse
Main reason for playing a rit flagger is to run flags in it and still have support for your team while you do it with spirits and pot, which monk can't really do. Also glimmer can be pretty good if your team can play very aggressive and you don't have to play defensive much as a rit. Problem is it's pretty easy to take advantage of a team that runs on rit flagger on most maps, especially if you know they're going to ahead of time.
Rit flaggers really give a huge advantage when you get to choose when you can run flags. Teams often play fully aggressive in 8v8 and then when the other team starts to take a lot of pressure, rit will burn out his energy / put up spirits and run, making the team running on rit snowball hard against the other team since the moment the other team starts playing aggressive they'll probably wipe considering they're already under significant pressure and your own team is buffered by the spirts.
That can be countered though if you just make sure you maintain a flag advantage by starting the game with a double run, bringing the flag in on a caster so you an choose to cap second if the other team double runs, and keeping ahead from there. That forces the team with rit flagger to run flags at non optimal times (i.e. run flags before they put up significant pressure on you), and allows you to burn your flag advantage by keeping 8 main if they run on rit and kill them, or if they run on damage you can run on damage too, having an advantage in the 7v7 since their rit will be less effective over time than your monk flagger. I think in most mirror matchups monk flagger gives a huge advantage if the flaggers aren't running.
Team with monk flagger has a huge advantage vs team with a rit flagger if they make sure they start with big flag advantage and keep that advantage till the other team runs on rit
what are your guys opinions?